Apr 4, 2011

Skipping Hardbounds and Paperbacks

I love love love my iPhone4 to bits! I love how useful it is to me and in terms of utilities a lot of apps provide with different kinds of use depending on what you need. I also found a very useful app to satisfy my readings. What is it you say? It's iBooks! Yeah, yeah, it's kinda hard to read on an iPhone because of the small screen, but it's in epub format so you can change settings to make it black and white or sepia mode etc. You can even change the fonts and font size which is very nifty. I really don't like the other similar apps, they tend to crash and I'm having a hard time getting used to it, unlike iBooks I easily moved my way around, it's so easy to navigate.

Here's some of the novels I'm about to read.

and more..

What I'm currently reading right now is the Vampire Academy Series. I swear when the Twilight series came out, I was sick of seeing other vampire novels! They're popping everywhere! The authors  are trying to follow the Twilight footsteps which is kind of ugghh (I guess for popularity sake? competing with Twilight? money? dunno..) Well, I tried reading VA Series, which was recommended by a friend. I was iffy at first because I thought it has this "Harry Potter" feel to it or it's a super teeny-bopper novel because the setting is in school. But, after reading the first two books, WOW! I must say it's really really nice! I just didn't feel the first book, I honestly don't like it. I didn't feel the thrill towards the ending. It surprised me that I gave it another shot, I tried reading the 2nd book which was absolutely awesome! Book 2 made me love the series! It's thrilling compared to the first one, so that made me read the the 3rd and 4th book. Now I'm on the 5th! I'm telling you it's worth reading (I swear!) and this series made me think twice on all of the vampire novels out there. I swallowed what I said earlier (gulp!) LOL! The setting for the first 2 series was in the academy, but as the story goes they move out of the academy and get into different kinds of adventure. The series has 6 books and I can't can't wait to finish the 5th one! Reading this gave me a new light to ALL of the vampire novels!

Vampire Academy Series

After VA series, I would probably read the House of Night series (HON) I'm into young-adult genre, can't you see?! I'll definitely give HON a shot! Teehee!

House of Night Series

Let me know what you think! :)

Toodles!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment