Aug 23, 2011

NOTD: I Love You Matte M.

I went crazy when I first learn about matte top coats, they are soooo uber-amazing! Fine, I'm exaggerating. I don't know which brand first came out with their own mate top coat (Essie, China Glaze, OPI ) Which ever brand you use, I'm guessing *cross fingers* they will have the same finish. *duh* Some people find matte top coats are a blah to the polish industry, but for me it's really different and very unique addition to my collection. Though I don't really use it that much, just for special occasions *afraid to use it all up*

You can also do wonderful designs just using the matte top coat. Here's some ways to do it:

1. Paint your nails with a regular polish then swipe your matte top coat (so the whole nail is matte). Let it dry a bit then swipe a regular polish at the tips. (so the tips are shiny) One swipe of the same color of polish will do or different color, it's upto you. Vice versa.

2. Paint your nails with a regular polish and then let it dry, swipe your matte top coat on your nails with a slanting design, your aiming for a SLANTED STRIPE pattern of alternating matte-shiny-matte-shiny. Do I make sense? LOL

3. Try doing the gradient technique on your nail with a regular polish. (search Youtube) It's going to look like matte going to shiny effect. Swipe a regular polish on your nails, then your regular shiny top coat, let it dry. put some of the matte top coat on a clean flat plastic surface and dab a sponge on it and gently make the gradient effect on your nails(search youtube for the gradient tutorials)



China Glaze : Mi favorito!



 



I'll try the designs I'm thinking of *excited* I'll post it here! :D

What do you think of matte top coats? Yey or Nay? :)

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment