Sep 11, 2011

Book Review: Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

How can something wrong feel so right? This quote in front of the book had me thinking and made me very curious. I immediately grabbed it and tried reading few pages and I know I'm hooked.


Maya and Lochan "Lochie" lived a very complicated life, obligated to raise 3 siblings while their mother is an alcoholic, she chugs it like food, hops to one guy to another and with no decent work. Maya and Lochan learned to live like this since they were rally young, they've taken responsibility over the kids like their own children. They take turns on taking and fetching the kids to school, cover for their mom if there's parent and teacher's meeting, cooking and doing groceries etc. As time passes, their bond as brother and sister grows stronger and develops into something that they can't really tell at first and it blossomed into something they can't stop.

Just looking by the book cover, it got me hooked. *guilty! I judge a book by it's cover!* And the intro quote in front had me thinking. I read the book from cover to cover, for around 4-5 days. The book tackles on teenage problems and family problems, it gets very heart wrenching at some part because these things happen in real life, they are not just made up stories by the author. By far it's my most emotional and a bit disturbing book I've read. I felt a strong bond with the characters as I read the book, the author gives justice to the characters. The writing is awesome , it is well described and exhilarating.  I found myself teary eyed and shuttering throughout the novel, even after the novel. I highly recommend Forbidden for young adults who want a dose of real life drama, family problems and struggles.

4 out of 5 stars

If you' ve read the novel, hit me up! Let me know what you think. :)

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment