Jan 21, 2012

A Girl Like You by Gemma Burgess




Ratings: 5 stars


Been in a relationship for sooo long that after breaking up with the bastard, makes you realize that you don't know how to date? That being a relationship for so long that you forgot how to be single and date? Well, that's what Abigail felt like. She just broke with her boyfriend of 7 years (imagine, 7 effin' years!) And now that she single, she struggles and doesn't know how to be confident in dates, she has that awkward persona and lacking of self confidence etc. Now she met Robert in the midst of her disastrous dating spree. Robert is mainly one thing, he's a womanizer, every women falls for his looks and charm. Being a friend that he is, he teaches her how to be a "bastardette" like him. A couple of dates later, Abigail's now tagged as "bastardette" of her friends, she's now uber confident and cool not until she met Dave. She's head over heels inlove with him, forgetting all of her "bastardette" lectures behind! ---If I gave a way what happens next, you won't be reading the book!

I totally adore this book, it's my second in a row chiclit book (2 straight of British Chiclits). It's really funny, specially Abigail has that witty smart ass comments on everything! It made me laugh out loud in some parts, though it has a lot of cussing compared to the other chiclit books I read, which is fine with me, however I think a bit too much, I think it brings out the "effect" of the story. Do I make sense? Confusing? LOL. So! If you want a really good laugh do get this book, it won't disappoint you! I love all of the characters, no annoying ones. I do find some words a bit hard to understand, there's a lot of British slang, so I often use "Define" in my iBooks, which is totaaaaallly handy, don't have to open my Merriam Webster app! Plus I get to learn new words! HA!



-A

No comments:

Post a Comment